8/19/2005 02:46:00 PM|W|P|mistyeiz|W|P|
So I noticed that a lot of people are doing this - write about themselves in a post and make it into a link. I think it's good and a great opportunity to tell
the whole wide world my readers a little bit about what I'm actually made up of.
Things You Should Know About Me:-
1. I love animals but I still eat (some of) them, thus I'm not a vegan
, never had the intention to become one. And will never be one so....BITE ME!
2. I'm the eldest in the family and yes, that gives me the right to bully my sister.
3. I am Catholic and I believe in God, the Father Almighty but that doesn't stop me from loving every page of Dan Brown's Angels & Demons and Da Vinci Code.
4. I nearly had a nervous breakdown and wanted to jump off Penang Bridge all because I couldn't do a programming assignment. Thus, I hate programming.
5. I was working and studying part-time at one point, so don't tell me that studying is hard or working is worst. I've done BOTH simultaneously - I know what hell is and I'm lucky to still be alive
6. I think I am fun to be with, patient (but not with kids), lovable, understanding, funny and kinky - therefore I am as mentioned.
7. I love my body that's why I like to decorate it with piercings and tattoo(s). If you don't like it, I really don't give a rats ass about it. And no, God isn't mad at me for having tattoos and here
8. I love snail mailing and I've mentioned it here
is prove. :D
9. When my crazy friends
and I meet up, nothing is impossible.
10. I am proud to be of Indian descent but I don't bother to go into detail. Indian is Indian, why give others and yourself a headache by giving a long lecture on where your ancestors came from? No one cares!
11. Despite having many Government heads who have no idea what the hell they are doing to the system, I'm proud to be Malaysian and that I live in a peaceful, (almost) non-violent, (almost) free country.
12. I cannot tolerate spoilt brats and ill-mannered children and believe that such kids need to be reminded that the world does not spin around them even if it means some spanking and caning. Didn't kill me when I got me some stripes, so I don't think it would kill them either.
13. I do not believe in 'ignorant is bliss' nor 'what you don't know, won't hurt you' coz it can get you into a LOT of unnecessary trouble.
14. I play the organ and tambourine (be it as sissy as that sounds) at church and my church choir rocks! *As complimented by a TEENAGER. A compliment you don't get everyday and if I could I would print it out and get it framed up.*
15. I am sometimes a procastinator and tend to put things off if I can. I'm not proud of it but sometimes it does come in handy.
16. Despite being a procastinator (See #15), I like to be organised and know how things are being handled. I am meticulous when it comes to travel arrangements and do not take well to certain spontaneous activities. Particularly the traveling kind. Can't you blame me for NOT wanting to be stranded in Istanbul when I should have arrived in Paris instead??
17. I love making personalised cards and gifts and always hope for the same in return. However, due to such 'high' expectations (because I know not everyone is as thoughtful or creative as I am), I am *sometimes* disappointed with my gifts. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate them all the same. What I really hate about getting gifts is when I get something which I had specifically mentioned over and over again with the hope of NOT getting it and then I DO. Sigh. KG knows best
18. I am of mixed parentage and have been mistaken to be Malay or Punjabi but never the 2 other races which I am actually made up of, Indian and Eurasian (Eurasian+Chinese). Bizarre....
19. I love my name and wouldn't change it even if given the chance to, because I love to see peoples facial reactions when they find out how my name is spelt. Priceless.
20. I do not believe in male chauvinism and wish I could wipe it off the face of the earth. However, it cannot be done if women continue to be the cause if it.
21. I do not believe in material pampering which I notice is fast becoming a norm because there is no stopping or turning back once the wheels are in motion. (Based on personal observation and #12)
22. I have miraculously mastered the art of parallel parking and have to admit that I can 'sometimes better than some of my male colleagues'. Such a compliment from a man is something any woman should hang on to for dear life. :D
23. I can't swim to save myself but I love snorkeling. (19/8/2005)
Note : I didn't think there was so much about me that I could write about but obviously there is. So I'm going to keep this link open and will update as I grow and learn more about myself. :D In reality, life is a never ending lesson.
Ps. Additional information will be in colored fonts and please also note that the comment box has been disabled simply because you have no right comment ABOUT me. I am who I am, good or bad - I am ME. :D
|W|P|112443945232212211|W|P|The 'About Me' info elaborated|W|P|8/19/2005 01:10:00 PM|W|P|mistyeiz|W|P|
I used to read a LOT of (story) books when I was growing up so much so that I'm now stuck with glasses. I blame reading too much while lying down in the dark for it. Then again, maybe it is really because I watched too much tv at such a close range. What to do? Cannot see, so go closer to the TV la. Now see? Have to wear spectacles - bleeech! :P So, to the children out there who have stumbled upon this sacred haven of mine - hear ye, hear ye!! Don't sit too close to the tv while you're watching it for hours on end AND don't lie down in a dim room if you want to read your history text book to fall asleep (I know you do it - I did it many times before). Who would have thought that growing up was so tough? Ever notice how jumbled and confused teenagers are? Or how marvelously aloof they seem? Oblivious to the reality that's happening around them but seem trapped in that tiny secret world they have, conquered by Linkin' Park and Avril Lavigne? Shessh, back in my time it was New Kids On The Block and Bon Jovi (and YES!!!! They still rock!!! Thank goddess...)
I also remember how easy it was to have multiple crushes on the boys in school. It sort of reminds me of Sweet Valley High
(SVH). Don't know how many of you have read this series of stories about teens and what life was all about for them in school. But I used to read this a lot because my cousin had a whole stack of it and when I used to visit her during the school holidays, I could always be found in her room with my face in one of the MANY books on SVH - totally engrossed in it. I used to wonder why it was so different over there and how come we didn't have prom night after Form 5. I bet it would have been the most happening thing that could EVER happen in school. Then again, we had a substitute for that I guess - Installation Night. Normally organised by the elite group at school, Interact Club. Ahh....those were the days.
Coming back to having crushes with almost every Ali, Mutu & Chong.....it's really funny how a crush works. Wordnet
defines crush as "puppy love
, calf love
(temporary love of an adolescent)". Yup, you noticed it too, didn't you? Calf love???? O well. Putting that into my own words and personal experience, a crush is when you feel you face hot as you blush when you see that cute guy you like and he suddenly turns to look at you and smile, or when you suddenly become some salivating speechless moron when he says 'hi' to you and actually made the effort to make small talk with you while waiting for the bus, or when you heart skips more than a beat causing major palpitations as his leg accidentally brushes against yours in the library or when his hand accidently touches yours as he stretches out from across the table to take the newspaper, or when you go out to the movies in a group and he ends up sitting beside you and his cologne fills you up until it makes you whoozy and half the time you're so busy taking in his perfume, you don't know what the hell is showing and above all, when he's seems to be the only reason you look forward to going to school everyday - just so you get all flustered and have butterflies fluttering in your tummy, just by looking at him.
That my friend, was how I felt about my FIRST and last, major crush. That blardy crush lasted me 6 freaking years. As pathetic as it sounds, I funnily never gave up on him. I always had that little flickering lamp for him despite knowing that I would NEVER get a chance to be with him. I was WAY out of his league....he was like that pretty butterfly that all the catchers wanted as their trophy and I was merely an ugly moth. Despite all that negative thought, I had always held on to that last straw - hope. It's funny how wonderful being in his presence made me felt. I don't know what it is about him that makes me swoon at the mere sight of him, that I feel all light-headed when he smiles at me or how I lose track of time when he's talking to me. Shessh.....I was REALLY pathetic back then. It took me a LONG time to realise that I really meant nothing to him. That there wasn't going be any fire to light with him nor would there be any special moments with him. It really hurt me so much to see him 'serious' with other girls, (just because you're in school doesn't mean you're blind to what is going on around you especially when it concerns the 'love' of your life) - and I can tell you he had MANY. Sigh.
Despite it all, I'm really glad that we didn't end up together though. The one thing I've learnt from this very hurting experience is that being disappointed by someone you like very much is devastating especially when you've had feelings for him for as long as I did. And because I had those feelings for so long and even kept in touch with him after he left the country for studies, it gave me a clear view of what he was really made up of - he grew up to be suave, charming, handsome and O, so heavenly built too - typical buaya (player). The kind who'd swallow you whole and spit you out in bits and pieces. Ouch indeed! I definitely wasted 6 freaking years on him, thank goodness it was while I was growing up, phew! When the crush of your life crushes you, man....it hurts like hell - especially when you're growing up. Teenagers are sensitive creatures - really. See, I can still remember all those times like it happened yesterday. And I'll never forget my first slow dance with him either. :) But that's another story. :D However, I can tell you that it was the BEST ever birthday do I ever had. And most likely the CLOSEST I've ever and will ever be to him. Lol....
Come to think of it, it's been years since I last saw him and just spoke to a friend who informed me that he was back in town. I wonder....could he still make my legs turn to jello with that killer smile of his and that rock hard body? I don't know and given the choice, I'd rather not find out but then again....for old times sake, why not? :)|W|P|112443253743065978|W|P|When crushes crush you *Sniff sniff*|W|P|8/19/2005 05:24:00 PM|W|P|ShiningTed|W|P|You are talking about this guy AGAIN? Hmmm...8/19/2005 05:25:00 PM|W|P|mistyeiz|W|P|ted : again? first i've mentioned come to think of it....:D8/19/2005 06:50:00 PM|W|P|Balajoe|W|P|Wah disable comment on your new post "The 'About Me' info elaborated"! It's ok, I can comment both here.
"About Me" - It's friday and just came back from a "heavy" discussion on the system, I am tired and having a headache. So, I read your post, I thought I saw this..."I love animals but I still eat (some of) them, thus I'm not a virgin, never had the intention to become one..." Luckily I had the energy to re-read it and confirmed that it is VEGAN not VIRGIN...ha ha ha (kinda of funny if you misinterpret it..he he)
"Crush" - When I was in school, I was on the "other side" (means the boy who was admired by couple of girls...really...honest), it was refreshing. I did not know that I broke the girls heart as I was more towards finishing my education. It must have hurt when I said no for their invitation to go out for a movie...8/19/2005 10:29:00 PM|W|P|mistyeiz|W|P|BJ : #1 - VERY funny lar....:P lucky u clarified again. if not buta only my saham turun. hahahaha!! #2 - of course it would be refreshing if all the girls worshipped the ground u walked on, i would feel the same but i bet it nvr crossed ur mind how it would feel like to b on the other side of the fence right? :) i'm not suprised really...SOMEONE has to suffer right? just lucky it wasnt u. O well...all in the past. :D8/20/2005 01:40:00 AM|W|P|Lao Chen|W|P|Have you and kuching gatal got some running agenda to discuss romances? It's very detail-rich... a little like 'mm..I know that feeling. Yup, that too. And that."
I also read my cousin sister's SVH books when i visited their place for lack of other books. :p Wierd wierd.8/20/2005 05:23:00 PM|W|P|mistyeiz|W|P|yee wei : no lar....u say like that then she might think i curi idea pulak. lol! :D actually, i was just thinking back to the days of yonder....:)8/18/2005 08:09:00 AM|W|P|mistyeiz|W|P|
|W|P|112432422561273493|W|P|Wishes to a new friend|W|P|8/18/2005 09:53:00 PM|W|P|Shanker|W|P|*GRIN*
*Clears throat since it's too early in the morning and starts to yodel*
Happy birthday to YOU
Happy birthday to YOU
Happy birthday to SSHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!
Happy birthday to YOOUUuuuuuuu.....
Here's wishing you all the best this life has to offer you, buddy. I may have only known for just awhile but hey, friendships last a lifetime (as least that what I believe in anyway - just don't stab me in the
back, ok? :P). You have a wonderful birthday and I look forward to
sending you more birthday wishes in the future.
Thanks SOOOOOO much Yvy!! I believe in the same thing too... Yes frenship lasts forever!! Thank you.... *hugz*8/19/2005 09:37:00 AM|W|P|mistyeiz|W|P|shan : np...:D8/17/2005 01:04:00 PM|W|P|mistyeiz|W|P|
Continuing my stroll down memory lane
and as far as my memory can take me, I had one hell of a f-ed up teen life. Not only was it almost non-existent, I was that kid you didn't even know existed. The only thing that made me stand out (Thank goddess!) was perhaps my height and my name. Aahhh yes, if only I could shrink back to that size. Sigh.
Being a teenager must be the worst stage in ones life. It's like as if you're neither here nor there. What makes it worst is the fact that you feel this rebellious streak in you because your hormones are just going crazy and you have no idea how to deal with it. Well, that is what normally happens to NORMAL teenagers, right? With me, I didn't quite have such an exciting life. Now, now...please, I don't need sympathy for it. As much as I hated my teenager life, there was SOME fun while I was there. Funny thing is, the only thing I can clearly remember is this girl Goh E.H. Back in primary school, we were the bestest of friends. We'd have sleep overs, we'd go swimming together (well, she would be the one swimming and I would be the one flapping around like a drowning elephant), I mean.....we were just like any pair of best friends you see around. Always together - and I thought it would remain that way for the rest of my life. How wrong I was. The only thing that REALLY stood out for me during my secondary school days was how I hated going to school at ONE point. Remember how I mentioned that kids can be so cruel? Well, this is the PERFECT example.
Form 1, the time where you get split up from your Standard 6 classmates coz you get streamed into difference classes based on racial quota (That was THEN, now? God knows how they do it these days) and no one made a fuss about it. We just went with the flow and I ended up having almost NONE of my old classmates with me except for PD and VK. So since we were in the same school from before and now in the same class with 30 other new faces, what more could you expect a bunch of giggly teens to do?? You see a girl and 2 boys together most of the time because we were a 'clique'. Goh was no longer close to me and that also meant that I had lost 2 other good friends too - Cindy and Yati, o...not forgetting Loges too. Then again, at that time she wasnt THAT close to me either but no loss I guess.
I don't know WHAT happened but suddenly Goh became this really horrid person. She began making fun of me, calling me names and the WORST thing she ever called me was 'pizza face' and seriously, that has scarred me for life all because I had a VERY bad case of acne when I was growing up. I still have these outbreaks but I don't really care about them anymore. But at THAT time, it was a major slap to the face and it really hurt me to think that this girl was once my BEST friend in the whole wide world. Things got SO bad that I didn't want to go to school anymore. Goh somehow managed to hasut (instigate) the others to join forces with her against me. I mean, wtf??? For what??? Just coz I was like Lone Ranger in school didn't mean that I enjoyed the immense attention, you know? Instead of looking forward to school, I used to dread it when morning came. It was like living in a nightmare - it was REALLY such a torment.
Finally, my dad informed the discipline teacher who coincidently was his friend. So she called us in to the office the next day and kind of warned Goh with me there of course. As much as I loved seeing Goh's face turn to rainbow colors, I was afraid to step out of the office - who know what dark evils lurked around the corner, you know? Suprisingly, she backed down and kept her distance. Only once did she try to flame me again, but it was a one-girl show. No one followed her after that. *Breathes with relief*
Life was a bed of roses and school was my hang out after she left. Her family moved and I finally found out what 'good riddance to bad rubbish' really meant. Happy Yvy!! :D Life was fine after that.....the devil was gone and we were all cleansed. Suprisingly, Loges became quite close to me and thank goddess that we still keep in touch. I'm glad too. Sometimes it's really great to meet up with people from school. Brings back all those (not so) wonderful memories. It's all good really.
Just recently (not really - unless you mean 1 year ago), I met up with a few of my friends from school and we were reminiscing old times and what a shocker I got when I found out that Goh's turn GAY!! She's a lesbo. O M G!!!! To think that we were THAT close and we used to do a lot of stuff together and....and...and....O M F G!!!! I've been contaminated!!! I have been 'TOUCHED'!! *Okla, just exaggerating* But seriously, I don't think I'm THAT surprised about it really....she was always very tom boyish and rough, not that I wasn't. We both were and I guess subconsciously she knew that someone had to be the 'man' right? Thank goddess it weren't me. Phew!
I think I finally found out for myself why she did all those horrid stuff to me. I think she was upset that I no longer held her up on the pedestal that I used when we were together. Maybe she was jealous that I was always with PD & VK...who knows? I will never know and I don't wanna know. Last I heard, she was patronizing the girls in Denmark. I swear I heard her laugh that one time in Gurney Plaza. I SWEAR! I could never forget that donkey-braying laugh she has. One of a kind and I KNOW it was her...I JUST KNOW IT!!! |W|P|112426697833395998|W|P|Down Memory Lane : Part 2|W|P|